level two: retro glam
before you start:
prep the face before you follow along with this video.
realizing as an artist that you are never done learning will help to make you a much better artist.
what you’ll need:
- creme shadow in 2 shades: matte beige, shimmer beige
- shimmer champagne beige shadow
- matte midtone shadow
- deeper shade of brown to push into lash line
- classic eyelash curler
- alison raffaelle translucent powder (or similar)
- bronzer in a pinkish/bronze shade
- lip liner in burgundy, deep red, or brownish lip toned shade
- sheer red lipstick
- lash comb #3
- midtone #11
- eyeshadow #13
- eyeshadow #14
- eyeshadow #22
- fine eyeliner #41
- detail powder/blush #73
- detail powder #76
- lip #80
about this video:
one of the most enduring makeup looks ever created is “classic” or “retro glam.” The “marilyn monroe” lightly contoured eye paired with a beautiful bold lip can’t really even be considered at trend since it is a look that never really disappears.
there are subtle changes in application technique and shades used, but the “bones” of the look remain the same.
in this video you will learn how to create a sparkling light eye and a bold but grounded mouth. you will definitely be called upon again and again in your artistry career to create the classic glam look – listen carefully and soak all the knowledge in.